Who We Are
We are the Molak Corporation and we own and operate some of the most iconic brands in Texas.
In New Braunfels, our properties include the world famous Gruene Hall, Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar, Cantina del Rio, Mozie’s, Cotton Eyed Joe’s, The Company Store, and The Grapevine. We also operate and oversee the Gruene Historic District brand. In San Antonio, we own and operate Josephine Street and Down on Grayson. We also plan and execute annual events like the Gruene Music and Wine Festival and Holidays in Gruene.
Our establishments deliver unique blends of music and food experiences to visitors who love the world’s best music, the lore of Texas, and just having a good old time. We employ over 700 friendly faces who love to serve our guests, exceed their expectations, and keep them coming back for more.
We’re not a cookie cutter chain, we are an experience! Every one of our operations has its own unique style and personality, from the exterior charm to the historical significance. For example, where else can you find a dance hall that’s operated continuously since 1878 that’s hosted country music superstars likeGarth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, LeAnn Rimes, George Strait, and Gregg Allman (just to name a few.)
To help us continue to deliver upon our brand promise internally to our 600+ employees, we’re searching for a seasoned and creative benefits administrator who is also willing to take on payroll responsibilities and help us make the most of our HRIS platform. We are fast paced and very open to new ideas and opportunities that the right person will bring to the table. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear your story and how you can help us grow.
Sr. Manager HR Operations
This position will oversee and manage the administration and strategy of all group benefit plans for employees including day to day broker/carrier relations, as well as owning and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of all HRIS employment records, ensuring the most effective use of the system and ease of user interface. The Sr. Manager HR Operations will work effectively with the finance team to oversee and ensure the facilitation of payroll for the company, managing payroll personnel accordingly, and will coordinate and administer various regulatory policies, programs and reporting, as necessary and in partnership with the HR team, to ensure regulatory compliance across the organization. This position will report directly to the CFO and be an active member of the People and Culture team.
What you will do
- Administer all employee benefit programs including health/life insurance programs, 401k savings plans and ancillary products.
- Research employee benefit and health program best practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies and programs as needed to maintain market competitiveness.
- Work closely and effectively with insurance brokers to ensure cost effectiveness and applicable relevancy of plan offerings for the workforce to support attraction and retention goals.
- Ensure accurate processing of hourly and salaried employee payroll, working cooperatively with managers and the finance department to ensure accuracy and legality of time reporting and related data integrity. Monitor payroll trends through regular reporting and analysis.
- Track and manage HRIS utilization and data accuracy including basic employee data, performance data, time & attendance, vacation/pto usage, etc, providing regular reporting as needed for management and business purposes. Ensure system integrity and mitigate user interface issues through systems coaching and training as needed.
- Works closely with the Human Resource team in maintaining accurate and updated employee files and electronic records in the HRIS and related systems via virtual employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Ensure company compliance with federal, state and local laws pertaining to benefits and payroll administration, including record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate programs such as FMLA, ADA, STD/LTD, COBRA while monitoring employees participating in such programs, working cooperatively with other internal functions as necessary.
- Manage the unemployment claims process and serve as employer representative in Unemployment Claims hearings, or delegate representation appropriately.
- Assist HR and operations in preparing, administering, and maintaining employment policies and processes (handbooks and house rules), as needed through the HRIS.
- Other responsibilities as may be needed to be an effective and active team member across all corporate and operational functions.
Who you are
Accountable - Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work performed. Achieves results with little oversight and on time, as committed.
Detail Oriented - Very meticulous, well organized and thorough in the execution of work responsibilities.
Great Communicator - Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
Solutions Oriented - Ability to effectively work with others through issues and find mutually agreeable solutions.
Creative/Innovative - Always on the lookout for creative solutions to best serve the health and well being needs of the organization overall.
Passionate About Customer Service - Ability to handle employee needs in a timely and accurate manner, always closing the loop.
Versatile - Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Highly Ethical - Earns others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or finance, or relevant experience in lieu of formal education.
- At least 5 years prior benefits administration experience - in-depth knowledge of the functioning and administration of group health plans (health and welfare plans) and ancillary product options, including managing vendor/broker relations - employer or broker side.
- At least 1 year experience processing payroll with a good general understanding of FLSA/DOL rules and regulations, preferably in the restaurant industry or a mid to large hourly employee base in the service industry. Knowledge of Tip Reporting in the food service industry is a plus!
- Strong working knowledge of relevant policies and regulations (ERISA, ACA) for effective oversight of group health plan set up and administration.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of 401k plan administration and basic fiduciary responsibilities.
- Strong MS Excel, PPT and HRIS skills, with prior full suite HRIS build out and management experience. Experience with Employee Navigator is a plus!
- Excellent data analytics, interpretation and reporting capabilities.
- Highly detail oriented
- Effective, collaborative team player
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent project management capabilities
What you get
- Great pay!
- Comprehensive healthcare including medical, dental and vision, telehealth, life and supplemental life insurance, and other ancillary benefit options
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Pet Insurance availability
- Meal and retail discounts at all our locations
- Flexible schedule, hybrid work environment - this position offices in our Gruene, Texas corporate office as well as from home
- Ability to work with some of the most iconic restaurant and entertainment brands in the state
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Website: molakcorp.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)